- Philosophy of Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal
- Who Can Submit?
- Types of Submissions
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors and UNM Digital Repository
Philosophy of Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal
For more information, please see Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal Aims and Scope page.
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal provided he, she, or they owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works (an exception in the non-academic world to this might exist if the authors have, as a condition of employment, agreed to transfer copyright to their employer).
Types of Submissions
Research Based Articles: 25–35-page manuscripts, including all references, quotations, figure captions, and tables.
Critical Reflections: These argumentative essays can include observations that are informed by practice, research, and/or logic that has greater implications and grounded in praxis. These submissions should be 5-8 pages in length. Examples include philosophical reflections, practitioner commentaries, public policy statements, and/or arguments about social, political, economic, and/or cultural issues.
Creative Writing: Short stories and poetry are accepted with a manuscript length of up to 5 pages per poem (and up to 3 poems per author) and 8-10 pages for short stories. For poetry, please format spacing of lines and stanzas according to author style.
Multi-Media: Examples of multi-media submission are digital humanities projects, digital cuentos, GIS mapping projects, video essays, and documentaries. All submissions must be published on an open access platform that can be linked to our journal website. Examples of platforms are youtube.com and vimeo.com.
Interviews: Oral histories and interviews are accepted with a manuscript length of up to 15 pages.
Book Reviews: Reviews of books in the field of Chicana/o/x Studies of 3-4 pages are accepted. Longer reviews of multiple monographs on the same topic are also accepted with prior communication and confirmation with journal editors.
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. Furthermore, “forthcoming” does not constitute rights retained by the author to use submitted articles in any format for students in classroom use, to post a pre-publication version of work in an institutional repository or on a personal or departmental web page, as long as Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal is cited as the source of first publication of work, to include submitted article, in whole or in part, in another work of which the author is the sole or joint author or editor, proved that Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal is cited as the source of first publication of the work. In addition, by submitting material to Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal. Further, upon publication of articles submitted to this journal, authors grant Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal exclusive right for the publication of submitted work for twelve months. If you have concerns about the submission terms for Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal, please contact the editors.
Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal has no general rules about the formatting of articles upon initial submission. For rules governing the formatting of the final submission. Although bepress can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to produce an electronic version of the article as a Microsoft Word.
- Include a cover page that contains the following information: name, title, institution, mailing address, contact numbers, email address, and manuscript style as a separate document.
- Author’s name and institutions and any clues to the author’s identity should be excluded from the rest of the document. This includes the author 's name in metadata.
- Include an abstract (for research articles only) that describes the essence of the manuscript that must be 120 words or less, typed and double spaced on a separate file.
- For multimedia submissions, please submit a written description with a link to audio/video or web materials.
- Use a specific manuscript style and its consistent citation format
- Submit your manuscript, including tables, figures, appendices, etc., as a single file (MS Word)
- Page size should be 8.5 x 11-inches.
- All margins (left, right, top and bottom) should be 1inch.
- Double space your text.
- Font: Main Body—12 pt. Times New Roman or the closest comparable font available. Footnotes—10 pt. Times New Roman or the closest comparable font available.
- If figures are included, use high-resolution figures.
- Copy edit your manuscript
Rights for Authors and UNM Digital Repository
As further described in our submission agreement (the Submission Agreement), in consideration for publication of the article, the authors retain copyright assign to UNM Digital Repository and the editors of the journal license to display work in perpetuity. Please refer to License section below and submission agreement for more details.
The Author grants Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journalan exclusive right for the publication of the Work for twelve months after the execution of this agreement. At the conclusion of those twelve months, the Author hereby grants and assigns toRegeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal
- the irrevocable, royalty-free right to publish, reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform and distribute the Work in perpetuity throughout the world in all means of expression by any method or media now known or hereafter developed, including electronic format, and
- the irrevocable, non-exclusive right to create and store electronic archival copies of the Work, including the right to deposit the Work in open access digital repositories.
For clarity, the Author always retains the following rights, including but not limited to, the right:
- To reproduce and distribute the Work, and to authorize others to reproduce and distribute the Work, in any format, to students for classroom use
- To post a pre-publication version (prior to editing by Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal) of the Work in an institutional repository or on a personal or departmental web page, as long as Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal is cited as the source of first publication of the Work
- To include the Work, in whole or in part, in another work of which the Author is the sole or joint author or editor, provided that Regeneración: A Xicanacimiento Studies Journal is cited as the source of first publication of the Work.
People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact the editors.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the UNM Digital Repository website and/or software agree not to misuse the UNM Digital Repository service or software in any way.
The failure of UNM Digital Repository to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between UNM Digital Repository and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.