In order to make the analysis of the period selected for study, data were collected which would furnish answers to the following questions:
- What subjects were being offered?
- What subject fields led in registration?
- What subjects showed a gain in registration?
- What subjects showed a loss in registration?
- How many schools offered the different subjects?
- Which subjects showed a gain in the number of schools offering?
- Which subjects showed a loss in the number of schools offering?
This study is limited to the offerings of one hundred forty high schools of New Mexico for the school years of 1932-1933 to 1936-37 inclusive. It was intended that the total number of high schools as listed by the State Department of Education be used in this study but as data for five of the small high schools were not available, the one hundred forty high schools for which data were available were used. No attempt is made in this study to analyze the courses of study or the subjects offered.
Level of Degree
Teacher Education, Educational Leadership & Policy
First Committee Member (Chair)
Simon Peter Nanninga
Second Committee Member
John W. Diefendorf
Third Committee Member
Everett Hays Fixley
Storms, J. Roy. "Trends in Subjects Offered and Pupil Registration in Those Subjects in New Mexico High Schools." (1938). https://digitalrepository.unm.edu/educ_teelp_etds/216