- Begin manuscript with an abstract of approximately 100 words; a research protocol should also be included
- Text should be double spaced,12 pt. size, plain font (Courier or Times New Roman).
- Letter sized (8.5” × 11”) white paper with all margins one inch wide.
- Page numbers at bottom of each page.
- Title and author name(s) must appear on the first page of text.
- First endnote should be a brief author(s)’s biographical of 1-2 sentence(s).
- Block quotations should be single spaced, indented one inch from margins and be at least 50 words.
- Endnotes/Footnotes should be single spaced.
- Citations must conform to the rules of The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation (17th ed.), available from the Harvard Law Review Association or at bookstores carrying legal materials. See Author’s Manuscript Preparation Information.
- Tribal code and case citation format should conform to the high court of that particular tribe. See Author’s Manuscript Preparation Information.
- Tables and figures should have a maximum size of 4.5” × 7” with headings and notes within those dimensions.
Submit Manuscripts for Consideration to:
Tribal Law Journal University of New Mexico School of Law 1117 Stanford N.E. MSC11 6070 . 1 University of New Mexico Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131-0001
Acknowledgment of ReceiptUpon receipt of your manuscript, TLJ will send an acknowledgment postcard or letter. Please keep us informed of any changes to your manuscript or contact information.
Article WithdrawalPlease notify our office as soon as possible if your manuscript is accepted by another journal so we may withdraw it from consideration.
Review Time FrameIf we are unable to review your manuscript and/or make a decision within 3 months of receipt, we will notify you that the manuscript is being withdrawn from our consideration.
Once your manuscript is selected for publication we will contact you by phone, email, or fax. If your manuscript is still available we will send our acceptance package which includes: offer letter, author response form, author information form, our standard publication agreement, and author’s manuscript preparation information.
If you accept our offer, we will request that you submit the final version of the manuscript in MS Word or WordPerfect format along with a printed copy. It is also important to include copies of all research materials as The University of New Mexico Libraries may not include all of these research materials.