Sandia Pueblo is an Indian community located approximaaiy 13 miles north of Albuquerque, New Mexico on the east bank of the Rio Grande river, a few miles to the west of the Sandia Mountains. Archaeological evidence shows that the village site was occupied around 1300 A.D. and that the village has remained in essentially the same area since then. The surrounding area was occupied by Indian hunters as early as 11,000 years ago and there is evidence of numerous smaller sites around Sandia and in the foothills of the mountain dating in the last millenia. Sandia religious practices also show great antiquity. Certain religious shrines belonging to the Sandia people show that the same religious practices have continued from 1300 AD. to the present.
Brandt, Elizabeth A.. "Anthropological Report on Land Use: Pueblo of Sandia." (1985). https://digitalrepository.unm.edu/law_certificate_indianlaw_sandia/56