Beacon eNewsletter Project ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes)
- Every day 91 Americans die from an opioid overdose (CDC).
- The economic impact of prescription opioid misuse is estimated at $78.5 billion annually (CDC).
- Emergency department and inpatient care for opioid poisonings is over $20 billion (CDC).
- Employers lose $10 billion a year due to opioid-related absenteeism and lost productivity (ASAM).
- Health care costs are twice as high for workers addicted to opioids.
Beacon Health Options – The Beacon Solution -Project ECHO Available at: https://s21151.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/Beacon-eNewsletter-October-2017.pdf