Both the UNM Health Sciences Center and the broader New Mexico health and wellness community are experiencing an historic period—one that will be a topic of future research and scholarship. This project and the images gathered here will help document this experience for future scholars.
The growing coronavirus pandemic and the global efforts underway to stop its spread have greatly impacted life at the University of New Mexico, and the state more broadly, in ways that were previously unimaginable. In an effort to document this significant and unique period, the UNM Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center (HSLIC) invites HSC students, staff, faculty, and alumni, as well as New Mexicans from all specters of the health and wellness community (providers, leaders, and citizens) to share their experiences through digital images. Consider contributing by sharing photographs that document:
- Researchers engaged with COVID-19 related projects.
- Health care workers on the job. Note: Follow HIPAA guidelines. No images of or with patients unless you have received their consent.
- HSC campus (buildings, grounds) with minimal presence of people.
- Notes on HSC building doors and entrances.
- Signage, art, or other communications that document support for New Mexico's healthcare workforce.
- Demonstrations or rallies related to COVID-19.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You are submitting your own images, or if you are submitting on behalf of someone else you have received their permission.
- You are not sharing images of individuals, particularly patients, without their expressed consent.
- The image submitted does not contain any protected health information, and if it does, the required UNM-HSC Authorization and Release for the use and/or Disclosure of Protected Health Information for Marketing and Communications is completed and submitted.
- You can provide adequate descriptions of what you submit, including (where possible) individual subject's names, etc. Please refer to the HSLIC Photo Submission Terms and Conditions for more in-depth information:
Ready to be part of the historic record? Click here to submit!
Feeling creative? Original works of art, writings, recordings, or other materials that capture personal reflections on COVID-19 can be submitted to our "New Mexicans Reflect on Health and Wellness During COVID-19 collection" .