View of the Anhangabau Valley lined with the remaining palm trees which embellish the Ramos de Azevedo square. The square was named after the arquitect who was responsible for many of the Italian Renaissance and "art nouveau" style buildings in downtown Sao Paulo. One of these buildings was the Municipal Theater (in the background) completed in 1911 and which saw Isadora Duncan and Enrico Caruso perform under its marble and Swiss crystal decor.Vista do vale do Anhangabaú e das palmeiras que permanecem e que embelezam a praça Ramos de Azevedo. A praça foi nomeada em homenagem ao arquiteto responsável por muitos dos prédios no estilo renascença italiana e "art nouveau" localizados no centro de São Paulo. Um destes prédios (ao fundo) era o teatro municipal completado em 1911 e que assistiu, sob seu mármore e decoração de lustres de cristais suíços, Isadora Duncan e Enrique Caruso.
Latin American and Iberian Institute / University of New Mexico
Brazil Slide Series Collection: This article is copyrighted by the Latin American & Iberian Institute (LAII) of the University of New Mexico. Rights permission is for standard academic, non-commercial, use of these materials. Proper citation of this material should include title, author, publisher, date, and URL. Copyright Latin American and Iberian Institute University of New Mexico 1991
Brazil: Sao Paulo