Model - Occidental Insurance Company / New Mexico Title Company, located at Third and Gold S.W. The Occidental was constructed in 1917 by Charles Henry Trost, modeled after the ornate 1438 Doge’s Palace in Venice, Italy. After a fire in 1933, Miles Brittelle, Sr. remodeled it for the insurance form. In the early 1980s, Harvey Hoshour and Dan Pearson renovated it for the NM Mexico Title Company, restoring it to the way it was in 1917. From Harvey Hoshour Collection CSWR.