The Jim and Mary Lois Hulsman Undergraduate Library Research Award program recognizes excellence in undergraduate research that incorporates the use of University Libraries resources and demonstrates sophisticated information literacy skills. Student award winners receive a cash prize ($500 for 1st place, $200 for 2nd place, $200 for 3rd place) and recognition of their outstanding efforts.
- be enrolled as an undergraduate at the UNM Albuquerque Central Campus at the time of project completion.
- have completed the research project or paper as part of UNM credit course or independent study undertaken in the past calendar year (spring 2017, summer 2017, or fall 2017).
Original research projects completed by individuals or groups in all formats are welcome and may include:
- Research papers
- Design portfolios
- Digital projects
Questions about eligibility may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications may be made in either of two categories:
- Emerging Undergraduate Researchers: For students who have completed work in 100-level and 200-level courses.
- Advanced Undergraduate Researchers: For students who have completed work in 300-level and above courses.
Applicants agree to:
- participate in the recognition program to be held during spring 2018.
- grant the University Libraries the right to make available their paper/project and essay via limited license. Student authors retain copyright for all content created by them. Award-winning work will be included in UNM's Digital Repository.
- Online application form (see application instructions)
- Copy of research project or paper
- 500-750 word research statement describing applicant's research strategies and use of resources (see guidelines and rubric)
- Bibliography (see guidelines and rubric)
- Faculty/Instructor letter of support
Application materials are submitted online to UNM's Digital Repository.
|Workshops/FAQ sessions||Friday, December 1, from 1:00 to 2:00 PM||Centennial Science and Engineering Library Room 253|
|Wednesday, January 24, from 10:00 to 11:00 AM||Fine Art and Design Library Classroom|
|Tuesday, February 6, 2018, from 4:00 to 5:00 PM||Zimmerman Library Room 254|
|Application Deadline||February 12, 2018|
|Winners Announced||Mid-March 2018|
|Awards Program||Mid-April 2018|
Questions? Contact email@example.com.